Saturday, August 20, 2016

#19 - Ride my bike in the city

Well, one plus of living just half a block from the bike path in northwest Regina is that I can go for a walk or bike ride just about any time I want to - without having to drive somewhere first!

Years ago a friend from church had given me a second-hand bike. It had sat and sat in my friend's shed. But this year, this was the summer of bike riding in the city!

I quite enjoyed my after work or early evening bike rides, but Saturday morning might have been my favourite time for a bike ride. The air was still cool, the path wasn't busy and I had all the time in the world to explore.

A couple of Saturdays this summer, I rode and rode and rode - about as far northwest as I could because there was a field on the other side of the street! Those remain my favourite bike riding memories.

 

Literally the end of the bike path at the northwest end of the city on Courtney Street. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment