Friday, July 31, 2015

#28 - Explore Regina's Backyard - see what's just outside the city limits


I've wanted to check out what was just outside the city limits for years. And it's not that I never leave the city, but I don't usually drive for less than 30 minutes when I do. When I see a sign for something that captures my interest I tend to think, "That looks interesting. I'll have check it out another time." But you know what? I never have. If I don't write it down or make a plan, then I don't seem to do those things that would be fun and yet somehow never make it to the top of my to-do list.

Thankfully I have good friends who are either up for adventures or invite me along on theirs. That was the case this time. My friend Melinda recently discovered an area called Wascana Trails just northwest of the city and invited me to go with her this time. I said yes and am so very glad I did.

Wascana Trails is located in a portion of the beautiful Qu'Appelle Valley in southern Saskatchewan, and it's so peaceful and quiet you'd never know that you're only about 15-20 minutes from the city limits. I'll let my pictures do the talking now, and I encourage you to see what's just outside 'your normal area' as well. You never know... You might just find a gem like I did!





No comments:

Post a Comment